Drug Free Workplace Policy
Dial One Security is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. That commitment is jeopardized when any Dial One Security employee illegally uses drugs or alcohol on the job, comes to work with these substances present in his/her body, or possesses, distributes, or sells drugs in the workplace. Therefore, Dial One Security has established the following policy:
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to possess, sell, trade, or offer for sale illegal drugs or otherwise engage in the illegal use of drugs or alcohol on the job.
- It is a violation of company policy for anyone to report to work under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol-that is, with illegal drugs or alcohol in his/her body.
- It is a violation of the company policy for anyone to use prescription drugs illegally. (However, nothing in this policy precludes the appropriate use of legally prescribed medication.)
- New hires will be tested for illegal drug use, current employees may be randomly tested or tested after a work related injury.
- Violations of this policy are subject to disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
It is the responsibility of the company’s supervisors to counsel employees whenever they see changes in performance or behavior that suggests an employee is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Although it is not the supervisor’s job to diagnose personal problems, the supervisor should encourage such employees to seek help and advise them about available resources for getting help. Everyone shares responsibility for maintaining a safe work environment and co-workers should encourage anyone who uses alcohol or other drugs in the workplace to seek help.
The goal of this policy is to balance our respect for individuals with the need to maintain a safe, productive, and drug-free environment. The intent of this policy is to offer a helping hand to those who need it, while sending a clear message that the illegal drug use and alcohol abuse are incompatible with employment at Dial One Security.
As a condition of employment, employees must abide by the terms of this policy, and must notify Dial One Security in writing of any conviction or a violation of a criminal drug statute occurring in the workplace no later than five calendar days after such conviction.